Friday, April 7, 2017

trouble with kids

just wait until they are adults!
So I used to think that when our children grew up that I would stop worrying about them.  Well, I guess I was wrong.

I got to thinking though.... Jacob's sons sold their brother Joseph into slavery in Egypt.  At least my kids aren't selling each other.  David's son Absolom sought opening to kill him.  At least my kids aren't trying to kill  me [as far as I know.]  Even God had trouble with his first children, Adam and Eve.

So there will always be something to worry about, no matter what age they are.  The question is, to what degree do I allow myself to succumb to worrying about them?  I am not in control of what they do, but I am in control of the extent to which I allow myself to be consumed by what they or what others are doing.

Thank God that they aren't selling each other or trying to kill me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this IS so true. I struggle with the difference between being co-dependt and parenting over this