Saturday, April 15, 2017

Lion's Den Man

 Left to Right - Gary Glenn, Tyler Stephenson and Dan Horn
I have terrible news to share.  My dear dear friend, Dan Horn, passed away suddenly Thursday night of a heart attack.  Dan has posted with me on this blog for 10 years.  He wrote under the name of Lion's Den Man.... a brief riddle matching his first name with the Biblical Daniel in the Lions Den Man.

When I was sad or empty, we was always ready to write for me.  He always had my back.

I am in shock.  I am in shock.  I don't know what to say.  I love him so much.  Please grieve with me.  Please cry with me.  I am heartsick.  He was one of the finest human beings.

Dan was one of the most kind, gentle, gracious humans that I have ever known.  It took a while to get to know him because he was quiet, but oh, what a treasure of a person.

He loved the St. Louis Cardinals, All kinds of music, the comedian Stephen Wright, fishing, canoeing, and of course his family.  My deepest sympathies to his dear wife Joni and to their two delightful children Laney and Eric.

I am heart sick.  I loved this man.  55 is too young.

So please hug your friends, hug your family.  Life is short.
Goodbye my dear dear friend.
You will be missed and you will be grieved.

7 comments:

Raegene Kinghe said...

Dear Jeff,

We are all shocked and unbelievably sad about Dan's passing. He was everything you said about him. What a kind friendly man. He was a quiet giant,he had a special way about him that his smile expressed. Our hearts just ache for Joni and her children. He will be so greatly missed. We grieve with you. our love, Raegene and Ivan

Anonymous said...

He is walking with Jesus ... just where we all wanna be. Still much sadness here on earth ... where all his loved ones will simply miss him ... every single day.

Anonymous said...

So many found memories. So many cherished moments. Too soon. But what an impact he made on my life and others. We used to read and talk about author Mitch Albom. Tuesday's with Morrie, For One More Day, The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Dan is that guy. I miss him and long to see him again one day.

Dave Templeman said...

Dan was a smiling face, a warm hello, and a friendly handshake on Sundays. My heart breaks. It breaks for Joni, Laney, and Eric. It breaks for his extended family, his friends, and his Woods Chapel family. Tomorrow we celebrate the resurrection - Christ defeated death so we can be His.

Gone much too soon. Never forgotten. Never goodbye. Until we meet again.

Unknown said...

So sorry Jeff. We will miss his blogs that you occasionally posted. Tears and hugs.

QMan said...

My heart goes out to all who loved Dan. He was steady force, I always looked forward to seeing him at the Tuesday morning Impact meetings.

Paul

Unknown said...

Grieving n crying with u in your sorrow also enjoyed his blogs at times