Monday, April 3, 2017

silence

Shhhhh!!!
Some people are not comfortable with silence.  Some that I know, seem to have to fill every single moment with the noise of their voice.

Silence is golden.  I love people who know how to be quiet.  If you were raised on a farm, you are used to silence.  I tend to love people who were raised on farms.  I was not, but I still love the silence.  The sound of the wind, the sound of a train rumbling by, or the sound of  a car on a gravel road.

I love silence.  I am good with it.  Hey... the next time that we sit down together, lets talk for five minutes each, then lets just sit there and say nothing.  Just taking in the ambiance of being together.  remind me and let's do it.

Silence is the door to contemplation.  Do you want to grow in your prayer life???  Stop talking.  Say good morning Lord.  Then just listen for 20 minutes.  We learn more by listening then we do by talking.

Silence is the door to contemplative prayer.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very true but hard to do! I don't think I've ever been able to be quiet for 20 minutes without my mind wandering.

Lori said...

Listening is learning. So much easier than talking and I've been known to flap my jaws. Lol