Monday, April 10, 2017

Uncle

When the kids were little, one of my favorite things to do when we would wrestle, or when I would tickle them, would be to make them say, "Uncle.  Dad you're the master."  I would not quit tickling them until they said it.

Now when you are wrestling, the last thing you want to do is lose, and you certainly don't want to be humiliated by being forced to say, "Uncle. Dad you're the master."

As the kids got bigger and their pride grew stronger, they could hold out longer.  Sometimes they would even say, "Never!  I will Never Say it."  Then they would say things like "Dad, you're the stinkpot!"  Then great laughter would ensue and I would torture them more.

Well as the kids grew into adulthood, our wrestling episodes went by the wayside.  Until the other day.  My son had hurt his shoulder.  Yet, he was still messing with me.  So I went after him.  He was a bit handicapped.  And yes, I got him to say it, "Uncle, Dad you're the master."  It was a great moment of victory of an old man over a youth.

I am victorious again.  I am, I was for one moment, the master.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quite proud of yourself r u? Just wait till he's all bettet