Sunday, April 23, 2017

you are worth it

A friend recently went to a funeral where the preacher said this:

"over the years I have come to think of our personal grief as a tribute or compliment to the one we miss. He said it is like saying to/of that person "you are worth my sadness."

I love it.

If you are sad or grieving today, just think of how that honors the person that we miss. They were great. They were worth it.

 I can not imagine a life where there was no one that I thought was worth crying over.  Thank you God for those who are worth our tears.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


3 comments:

Brett said...

This reminds me a line from Steinbeck's East of Eden:

"When a man comes to die, no matter what his talents and influence and genius, if he died unloved his life must be a failure to him and his dying a cold horror. It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world."

Unknown said...

Never thought of the death of my loved one as a tribute to them n worth my tears Still wishing they could come back But knowing what I believe about death n heaven (like the song goes), I try to live on for them till I may see them again.

Unknown said...

Thank you, I can't begin to tell you how much I needed to read this when I did.