Wednesday, October 23, 2019

crazy ideas

The church, churches, churches in general have filled our minds with crazy ideas.  Not all churches, but some.  Some churches, some preachers have filled our brains with stuff that does not matter.

The worst thing about having your brain filled with stuff that doesn't matter is that it keeps you distracted from what does matter.

Crazy things that the church taught some of us:
- that we should try to figure out the second coming
- that the King James bible is the only real version
- that our denomination is right and everyone else is wrong
- that if you sin right before you die you will go to hell
-worry about everything
- feel guilty about everything.

I remember when I was in my 20's my parents were having trouble with their adult children [me included.]  They went to their pastor who told them, "just keep praying, reading the bible, going to church and giving 10% and everything will work out."  My Dad told me that this was their pastor's pat answer and that the man didn't really know how to offer empathy or guidance.

What crazy religious ideas do you worry about?
I hope none.
I hope that you have long cleared your brain of the irrelevant, made up ideas...

I hope that all you think about when you think of God is that we want to love him, and his creation.
Love God, love people.

It's really pretty simple.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: