Friday, October 18, 2019

maybe we throw people away too quickly

I was talking to my sister the other day. Someone had said something that annoyed me. It made me feel like I did not want to hang with that person so much.

She pointed out something very profound...

Someone said something that you don't agree with. So what? You don’t have to be upset with everything that someone says. Don’t let it get under your skin. Maybe they just need to say those words. Maybe somehow it’s important for them to get it off their chest. You don’t have to throw them away. You can listen and move on without buying whatever it is that they are saying.

It's ok. I can still run with that person. I don't have to be upset with what they said. It was just something that they needed to say. There, now you've said it, let's move on.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: