Wednesday, October 16, 2019

There is some good news in the world

From my friend Pat...

Sometimes it all strikes you. Yesterday, my wife and I spent the day with at lest 40 other people reconstructing two houses owned by two very elderly ladies in the poorer part of Kansas City. Satisfying to come together to help others who cant physically, or financially, help themselves.

And as I looked around the internet this morning, I see friends doing similar things in Lee’s Summit, I see others building bunk beds for homeless shelters. An 85 year old gentleman I know named Charlie, takes his dog named Charlie to the retirement home to visit “the old folks” and bring some cheer to their day. And a group of adults set up a safe trick or treat center for neighborhood children.

You know I am missing many, many efforts, probably including yours, whatever it was this week.

I say all of this in light of the political wars in Washington, the actual war in Northern Syria, the vaping epidemic and so on. We do better in our own worlds every day. Surely we can do better in the rest of it too.

We will survive because most of us are kind to one another. Remember, you are an example to those who aren’t. Keep up the terrific work, and thank you for being you.


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: