Thursday, October 24, 2019

leaning into the person of God

My friend Brian sent this in...

“I’m learning a lot from my grandkids. One unexpected recent byproduct is that it seems to help me with some insight into our/my relationship with God. A few weeks ago, our 2-year-old grandson had managed to tip his high chair over backwards and fallen so that the back of his head hit a shelf on the way down. He split his head open and our daughter rushed him to ER. We dropped what we were doing and headed up to see and help. When we reached the hospital a wonderful person at the desk in ER let us go back to see him even though the rules said no more than 2 people in the room at any time. When we got to the room our daughter was holding a very serious little boy. Without thinking I just went to him and leaned my head toward him. Without a word, he leaned his head into mine and our foreheads touched. We did not speak. No words were necessary. How long we stayed like that I don’t know but it was not longer than a minute or two. We just loved each other. The next day I was in prayer and realized our Father may long for that type of moment with us. So I sat silently and just leaned my head forward. It may have been one of the best “prayers” I have ever experienced. I am going to continue doing it when I can. You might want to try it. Just be silent and lean into God. I’m quite sure He will be there to touch you with His presence.”

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: