Sunday, October 13, 2019

under appreciated

I think that one of the most under appreciated groups of people in our society are those that serve in minimum wage or low wage jobs.

The guy behind the counter at Taco Bell.
The server at the restaurant.
The checker at the grocery store.

My grocery store does not allow tips.  But the checker deserves a smile and a kind word.  I have initiated the practice of saying, "thank you for helping me today."  Sometimes they say, well it's my job.  I say, "still.  Thank you for helping me."

I often give a server five dollars at the start of them waiting on me.  They say, what is this for?  I say, it is the pre-tip tip. 

You would be surprised how much nicer people will be to you if you call them by name, thank them for doing their job, and over tip them when you can.

In fact, people are nicer to us and to everyone else when we are nice to them.  It's not that hard to be nice.  We can all get better at it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: