Saturday, October 5, 2019

Jeremy Vickers

Jeremy Vickers is a pastor friend of mine in Lee's Summit, MO.  When I was in town a few weeks ago I visited his church.  I wanted to take a moment to honor him by telling you what he did.

First a little back story.  Since I moved to Florida, I have missed the collegiality of my pastor friends.  I have missed the friendship and the care.  There is a hole in my heart from time to time for the connections that seem to have dried up.

So I pull into the parking lot at Jeremy's church.  I notice that he is standing outside waiting to greet people prior to church [a great idea for any pastor]  I get about half way across the parking lot and he sees me.  He sees me and lights up.  We begin to talk, he walks towards me, we hug.  We stood there and talked for ten minutes.  It was beautiful.  He  made me feel like a million dollars.  For one brief moment, all of my worries and feelings about the ministry friends that I have moved away from, those feelings were replaced with joy.

Thank you Jeremy.  And friends, the gift of welcome can never be underestimated.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: