Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Awareness

Awareness.
Being present in the moment.
Paying attention.

It is very important.

Yesterday I flew home from Kansas City to Florida.  My friend Bruce asked me if I needed a ride to the airport.  He was planning on Monday because I said I was here thru Monday.  When I told him it was an early Tuesday flight, I thought he said that didn't work for him.  So I asked Paul to take me to the airport. 

Now it is Tuesday at 5:50am and I walk out of the house and there are two cars there.  Seems that I misread the text exchange with Bruce... he was able to take me on Tuesday.  I apologized profusely.

Sometimes when we don't pay attention, we hurt people.

Another tale on awareness.
A friend told me the story of staying at a hotel.  He woke in the morning and went to the work out room.  After the end of his work out, he went looking for the elevator.  Down one end of the long hall and then down the other end.  Not finding the elevator, he returned to the gym to find that the elevator was immediately next to the work out room.

Here is another big problem with not being aware... we miss things.   We walk right past things that are important.  When we are not aware, we miss more than just an elevator, we miss the beauty of a sunrise, we miss the beauty of the flowers, we miss the chance to make a friend.  We miss the chance to be kind to the people around us, because we don't even see these things.

There is an old saying, "stop and smell the roses."  It should be in the Bible.

 It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - -
I am leading a trip to Ireland in July this year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: