Thursday, January 2, 2020

walking the third path

Our country is very polarized when it comes to politics.  There are other things we get polarized over too like football games and human sexuality.  Like all of you, I certainly have my opinions, and I think they are right.  If I thought they were wrong I would change them, wouldn't you?

So we all have our thoughts.

In too many cases people put us in positions where you are required to side with them in order to be invited to the party.  You are for the Florida Gators?  Then Miami Hurricane fans don't want you at their party.  You are for or against Trump, then you are rejected by some as a friend.

It does not have to be this way.  We don't have to be polarized to the point of separation.  These issues are not worth throwing people away over.  There is a third way, a third path.

On the third path, I recognize that I have my views, and you have yours.  I recognize that we will agree on some things and disagree on others.  I am OK with that.  Because I love you in a way that is deeper than our opinions on such topics.  There is something real between us, something good, and that soulful thing is valuable.

And if I am on the third path and I do not know you, I still will not throw you away.  I may not have reached you in a soulful way yet, but you are a soul and you deserve my care and respect whether we agree or not.

The third path is a path of love, of grace and welcome.  It is the path of Jesus.  I wish more people were on it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: