Wednesday, January 1, 2020

do the first two

My friend Linda was reading on John Pavlovitz’s web site. He had asked readers to post their favorite Bible verse. She said, "I have many, but I wrote down Micah 6:8. You know, What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with your God. I think I love it, because it seems doable (or at least a goal that is worth striving for). Somebody on the site replied to me, saying, “What if you’re an atheist?” I was at a loss, but a very wise person once said, “Just do the first two and you will come out all right.” I thought that was profound."

Jeff comments... I still believe that if Atheists believe in love, they are in contact with God in some way that does not fit standard theology, because God is love. Anyway, I would not worry about your non believing friends. If they do justice and love kindness, they are following in the footsteps of Jesus. Frankly I believe that Jesus would much rather have people following in his footsteps than running their mouths about how much they believe.

Do justice... love kindness... and you will be in the middle of God's work and God's will.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours 

No comments: