Friday, January 31, 2020

friends

A quote from the notable philosopher Tyler Stephenson, "you don't pick your friends, your friends pick you."

Well, I thought, I have some friends that are friends because I reached for them.  Oh yes but there are others that I have reached for that rejected my offers of friendship.

When you have someone who is a friend, who is willing to spend time with you, they in effect have chosen you.  They find you to be worth spending time with.

Proverbs 18:24 "If a man would have friends he must show himself to be friendly."

Do you want friends?  Then be kind, be gracious, be caring, be present with people.  Pay attention to them.  Make them feel like a million dollars.

We can try to pick friends, but for a real friendship, they must pick us back.
Be kind.

 It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - -
I am leading a trip to Ireland in July this year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: