Monday, January 27, 2020

What is my purpose?


Over the years, many people came to visit with me with a question on their heart.  "What is my purpose?"

In 2002 When Rick Warren wrote the book, "The Purpose Driven Life" There was a line of people waiting to sit down and ask me if I could help them find their purpose.  Ugh!

Well, you know what we humans want... We want to see handwriting on the wall, "Jeff go be a missionary in Africa."  We want to see the light like Paul did on the road to Damascus.  We want to hear an audible voice, "Go to Nursing School."

For most of us humans, the handwriting on the wall, the light from heaven and the audible voice do not happen.  Anyone that tells you otherwise is selling something.

So what will I do with my life if God does not show me?
Well friends, I think that we get to make choices.  I think that God gave us free will.  Banker, roofer, teacher, Administrative Assistant?  Your choice.  And God loves to watch us choose on the way of life.

That job isn't hitting the spot for you?  Then try to find something that will.  Your choice.

Now back to purpose.  Whatever your job, what every your socioeconomic condition, there is one purpose that we all share.  It is so important and so central that no one should really ask, what is my purpose.

You want to feel a sense of self-worth?  You want to add value to this world?

Your purpose, my purpose on this earth is simple.  Show love.  Show kindness.
You take a day and do that, whether on the roof, in the classroom or where ever you work, you show kindness, and at the end of the day your heart will be filled with joy.

When we are kind to others, a feeling comes to us.  So, that is why we are here.

 It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - -
I am leading a trip to Ireland in July this year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: