Sunday, January 12, 2020

looking back or looking forward

I wrote the other day about bitter or better... I mentioned, "may I look back at the things from the past with joy..."

Regarding that post a friend wrote in...

I like this but I don’t want to look back. The memories are always bitter sweet. I love remembering the kids as little ones. Love remembering the good times with my wife, but the past is also fraught with painful, painful memories. And while they fade with time, they resurge when I think of them. And with wisdom, some of them are more painful now than they were then.

No I pray for continued relevance today. To use the skills I have remaining to do something that exemplifies Christ today. To be thankful for today. And to get right some of the many things I’ve gotten wrong over the years.


Jeff comments... friends, that is good stuff.  Great advice.  Deeply profound.  Instead of letting past hurts come in, let me focus on being relevant today.  I love it!!!

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - -
I am leading a trip to Ireland in July this year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: