Thursday, February 20, 2020

Bob Fillmore

Bob Fillmore was on our staff at Woods Chapel for a few years.  Although his denominational roots were different than mine, we found a mutual respect and admiration.  That is a gift isn't it?  When you can find someone to talk to where you know you have different perspectives, but you both still love and appreciate each other?

I could always sense the depth of his wisdom and the reach of his kindness.  I learned a lot from him.

It hurt when Bob and his family moved away.  I have missed him.

Two days ago, I got an email from Bob.  My computer actually warned me about the email since I had never heard from Bob on that email address.

I ignored my computers warnings and Bob and I exchanged emails.  I had forgotten how connected I was to him.  I mean I forgot how connected I am to him. 

Isn't it interesting how you can grow close and spiritually connected to another person.  You may not hear from them for a while, but then boom!  there they are!  I hope that you have lots of Bob Fillmores in your life.  If you don't, keep looking for them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland in July... If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: