Friday, February 14, 2020

how you sound

When I was a teenager and I would have negative moments with my mother, she would say, "I wish you could hear how you sound."  I said it back to her one time and got slapped.

Recently I said something to one of my children, adult children, that did not go over well.  In processing this with my wife, she said, "I wish you could hear how you sound."  In other words, it is not always what we say, but how we say it.

Since I don't want to deliver pain to anyone, I am going to work harder on choosing my words carefully and making sure that they come across in a more kind way.

How are you sounding to those around you?

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland in July... If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: