Sunday, February 2, 2020

detached love

Some of  the thoughts here are adapted from my favorite author Anthony DeMello.

More on loving others.
I do not pretend to have arrived, but I strive for a love that is not dominated by my insistence that you behave a certain way.  I strive for a love enjoys you so very much, but frees you to live your life.

“Perfect love casts out fear."
If I have fears I am not being made perfect in love.
 Where there is complete love there are no demands, no expectations, and no dependency. 
I do not demand that you make me happy; my happiness does not lie in you. I am the only one that can discover my happiness.  I am the only one that can teach myself to see the good.

I strive for a love to where I no longer make demands.  I really want you to love me back, I want you to stay, but if you don't, I want to be happy for you.  You know if you love something, let it go, if it comes back it is yours, if it does not return, it never was yours.  Healthy love enjoys a person but does not cling.

If your love is less than what I hoped for, I hope to not feel sorry for myself; I enjoy your company immensely, but I do not cling.”  I do not own you.  You are not my property.  I strive to learn to love you, just as you are, without attachment, without fears, without conditions, without egoism, trying not to absorb you. I love you freely because I love your freedom, and mine as well.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: