Tuesday, February 18, 2020

resolutions to pay more attention

I have a friend that has made some new resolutions.  Not new years resolutions, but resolutions none the same.  She told me that she is going to focus on reading Jesus.  The words in red.

She has also decided to thank all kinds of people that she runs into in her life.  She says that, "grocery stores can be a lot of fun (Price Chopper on Woods Chapel), but then I get a conversation going with customers on the spice aisle and forget an ingredient for what I'm planning to cook! Costco is not a place to try to start conversations. Big carts, big packages, big hurry, big vehicles to rush away.  I'm going to be more approachable when I'm walking in the neighborhood to actually stop and talk instead of focusing on my heartbeat and my app on how fast I walk. These could be future friends I am chugging by. We could at least say hi, you're looking good, it's good to see you."

And I say, it is a beautiful day if we just stop long enough to see it and be present to life and to those around us.

Who are you seeing?  Who are you walking by?

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland in July... If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: