Saturday, February 15, 2020

No good deed goes unpunished

First of all let me say that if you have emailed me recently, I am not ignoring you, I am just behind on my emails.

Now on to the blog for today.

So yesterday was Valentines Day.  Being a good guy I got my wife a Valentine card put a gift card in it and tied it to three balloons. 

When she woke up and wandered down the hall, there it was for her to see.

She decided to take the card and balloons to her home office to open.  She sat at her desk and started to open the card.  The balloons meanwhile, were doing what balloons do, floating up towards the ceiling... towards the ceiling fan.

Pretty soon, the balloon ribbons are completely wound around the ceiling fan and the fan grinds to a halt.

Now she calls for her favorite handyman.  I looked at the mess and just shook my head.  I had to take the fan apart to get the ribbons off of the fan shaft.  It took 30 minutes.

Sometimes you will do something nice for someone and it won't turn out so good.  Keep doing nice things.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland in July... If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: