Thursday, February 6, 2020

Thinking about what we say...

Hello.  How are you.
Do we really want to know when we ask that question?
What if everyone told us how they were...
I am not sure that we have time to find out how people are, really.

So in the thought train of thinking about what I say...

 It was a Saturday about 5 o’clock pm.  I was texting a pastor about getting together later next week. I told him to have a good Sunday. Then I remembered the amount of angst and worry that often came to me on Saturday night.  On Saturday nights I never went anywhere.  I stayed at home and fought with the things that go on in the mind of a pastor on Saturday night.

Have a good Sunday?  My stomach was in knots on Saturday night.
Have a good Sunday.? How about every fiber of my being is crying out on Saturday night to God to see if this sermon is acceptable. Every fiber of my being is hoping that this message will reach people on Sunday.

 Have a good Sunday? Sometimes our words and platitudes are not helpful.
So what do we do on Saturday night instead?
How about give them a hug and thank them.
Text them words of appreciation...
That will make for a good Sunday.  They may still be nervous about giving the message, but they will know that you love them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: