Monday, February 3, 2020

I woke up

I woke up.  It was 5:30 am.  Ugh.  Too early.  Nothing to do this day, so let's sleep some more.  Nope, not going to happen, might as well get up.

I make my way to the couch and turn on ESPN's Sportscenter.  I love to watch the top 10 plays every morning.  Ugh.  I feel like ugh... morning.  My brain wants to go back to sleep.  I need to pick up the house in a bit so I hope that I feel better soon.

Since I don't drink coffee anymore I grab a bottle of tea.  Ugh.  Still moving slow.  I watch the top ten plays.  I switch to the news.  I find the bathroom.  Now I am going room to room picking things up.

I am hanging up clothes and then I sense it.  The morning Ugh is gone!!!  I feel good, like a normal person.  I am healed.  It took til 7am, but I feel good.

I woke up.

And I was again touched by the simple gift of life.  Of waking up in the morning.  Once we get over the ugh, may our first thought be "thank you God for waking me up.  Thank you for the gift of life.  Thank you for the gift of this day."

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: