Sunday, December 11, 2022

2 Rockers



A client gave me these two rockers to work on.  One needed a new seat.  The other one was in 20 pieces when I got it.

I cleaned up the parts and glued the brown one together.  In the morning I took the clamps off of it. I realized then that I should’ve taken a "before and after" picture to show what had been accomplished. 

Then it occurred to me that this happens to us all the time.  We work on things, we try to do the good, and the process is often unseen. 

We are rarely praised and hailed for the work that we do along the way. But thoughtful people can look back and remember what was, and now see what has become. 

I know that little by little, by plodding along, by working toward a goal, we can achieve all kinds of fantastic things whether our work is recognized or not. 

Keep working, keep loving, keep striving.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: