Monday, December 26, 2022

Give me the words

I was on the way to do a baptism.  The groom wanted to be baptized before the wedding.  It has been years since I have done a baptism.  Although I have done many, many in my lifetime, I am a bit nervous because it has been so long.

I say a prayer, "Lord, give me the words."  I realized that I sounded a bit like Sampson, "Oh, Lord, just one more time..."  But, unlike Sampson, I am not dying today.  I just wanted the right words for the people gathered for the baptism.

It all went fine.  I was pleased with it.  I think that they were as well.

Words are important.  Words can hurt, words can heal, words can be soothing, or they can be weird.  We should all choose our words carefully.  How the world might change if we saw every moment as a holy moment and said a prayer for the right words.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: