Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas



Good Morning.

Merry Christmas!!!

I am often asked what I miss about being a pastor, and what I don't miss.  One of the things that I do not miss, is the incredible amount of work and pressure that is associated with the holidays.  At our height, we had six services on Christmas Eve that worshipped over 2500 people.  The amount of organization and determination that was put in by staff and volunteers was amazing.  And all of this, at a time when many people wanted to be "off."

I don't miss all of that work.  These days, on Christmas and Easter, and for that matter, Mother's Day and other big church days, I can just relax.  I can sit down and ponder the meaning of the day, as we all should.

So from one retired pastor who is sitting around doing nothing today, have a very Merry Christmas.  May your day find time to just sit and reflect on life's blessings and the deep love that God has for you.

It is a very beautiful, peaceful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: