Monday, December 12, 2022

I hate snakes

I don't know why, but I hate snakes.  There is this innate revulsion that I have towards them.  Big, small, poisonous or not, I do not like snakes.

For some reason, unknown to me, they scare the you know what out of me.  They just seem to show up in places that are startling.

And so I am working on my clients down spout.  I remove the angled corner piece and move the splash block.  I thought for a moment that I caught it out of the corner of my eye.  I think maybe I saw something under the splash block when it popped up for a moment.

Or was I dreaming it all up?

I step back, get a broom and flip the splash block over.

OMG!!!  It is a big one.  Every bit of 4' or more!!!

And to make matters worse, it is a cold morning and he/she can barely move because he/she is cold blooded.  I have to sweep it off of the patio and away from my work space.

Ooooooooooooooo I still have the heebie geebies now a week later as I type this.  Why don't I like snakes?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good, not the snake.


No comments: