Friday, December 2, 2022

a plea to stop the torturing of introverts

Part of me is an introvert. I am good with being alone. In fact, sometimes, I crave solitude. I am rejuvenated by quiet time alone. Consequently, I am an expert on what introverts like and don't like.

Put an introvert on an airplane and they will be uncomfortable. It is a two hour experience that they will bear for a greater cause.  Force an introvert to walk through a crowded airport and they will long for that quiet hotel room at the end of the day.

The age of cell phones has ushered in terror for the introverts of the world. Especially when I travel I find myself in places and situations where I am around very loud people.  People whose mom never taught them what an inside voice was all about.  People that just have to use their phone the minute that it is possible.  Evidently they are the president of a small country and must be in touch with national security matters.  

They don’t even have to be sitting next to me on the plane- they can be five seats away in the terminal or on the plane, but talking so loudly that you would think they’re the only one around. 

Maybe they are deaf, but I doubt it.   I want to get in their face and say, "didn’t your mom ever teach you about an inside voice?"  Please remember when you’re on the phone or when you’re talking in general to be courteous to those around you. Everyone appreciates a soft voice and a quiet conversation.

Be a blessing to the shy and introverted of the world.  

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: