Saturday, December 17, 2022

Why we are kind

In my older age, I am trying to be more kind.  There are a number of reasons for this:

1.  I believe that it is the core of the Christian faith.  Without kindness, without love, there is no Christianity.

2.  Kindness makes other people feel good.  I like that.  I want to make others happy.

3.  Kindness makes me feel good.

When I am kind, I do not expect a benefit or reward.  Kindness is it's own reward.  But sometimes, when we are kind, good things come back to us.

Case in point...

When ever I fly, I take chocolate onto the plane for the flight attendants.  These 6 packs of snack size bars are $1.25 at Walmart or Dollar Tree.

Usually the flight attendants are thankful, but not always.  Many times they try to do something nice to me in return.  I have been offered a lot of free drinks.  [I turn them down because I don't drink on planes anymore.]

Last week, one of the flight attendants asked me if there was something that they could do for me.  I told them that I would love one more of those Kate's brand, lemon/coconut granola bars.   Mmm they are very tasty.

When they came back, I was presented with this...

I am never kind to get something back, but sometimes, people's generosity is overwhelming.  Sometimes, they are so pleasantly surprised by your kindness, that they have to do something in return.

Keep being kind, whether you get something in return or not.  And, if you are hungry or hangry, let me know and I will send you one of my lemon/coconut bars.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: