Friday, December 23, 2022

I love my church

On March 28th of this year, I made some New Years resolutions.  One of them was that if I was in town,  I was going to be in church.  I have kept to that commitment pretty religiously.  😀 I love a good pun.

In fact, some years ago, I submitted 10 entries for a pun contest.  The prize was $100.  I so hoped that one would win, but unfortunately, no pun in ten did.   To quote Peggy McBee, "Ugh!"  Back to the point of this blog post...

I have loved every church that I have been assigned to as a pastor.  And so for me to say that I love the people at Ft. Pierce First United Methodist Church, is not a slight against other people that I have know, for I love you all.

It is great at this age, to have found a place where I can go and sit and take it all in.  On Sunday, December 11th we had a service of Christmas music.  It was so wonderful.



The front of the sanctuary.  The choir broke out their robes!  The church is so beautiful!
The music was awesome!!!


At the far right, playing the piano, is the unassuming figure of Dick Lystra.  I love Dick and will miss him.  He is moving to his hometown in Michigan.  He is a fantastic musician and a great friend.


I loved it that Pastor Tim sang with the choir.  I loved the music.  I love Christmas music.  I pray that in this season of Christmas, you find some beautiful moments in your church.  I pray that you find some peaceful moments of oneness with God through the great songs of Christmas.

Silent Night, Holy Night...

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: