Wednesday, March 22, 2023

breadcrumbs



In the children's story, Hansel and Gretel, the two go wandering in the forest.  They leave a trail of bread crumbs as they go so that they can find their way back home.  Unfortunately for them, the birds eat the bread and they get lost.

I try to leave info behind for others and for myself.  So that when this particular path is crossed again, my previous work will be of help.  So I have left instructions for my funeral, and I do things like this...

The tail light went out in the truck.
So I replaced it. 
Figuring out what kind of wrench to use, 
and where the bolts are, is always interesting.

So I drew on the inside of the truck bed wall.
8 millimeter bolt.  I included an arrow.
Next time it will be easier.

So, breadcrumbs.  They help us find our way.

A few years ago, I met with a friend that was determined to leave the church.  It made me very sad.  I did everything that I could to persuade the person to stay.  I love this person so much and I had worked so hard to help them find a home there.

My parting advice to the person was this... don't close the door permanently.  Keep and open mind.  Keep an open heart.  Leave bread crumbs along the path so that you can one day, find your way home.

I hope that he/she does.

We should all consider leaving breadcrumbs along the journey of life.  They may be of great help in the future.  We won't always feel the way that we do today.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: