Friday, March 24, 2023

the shovel

We all have things in life that hold great meaning for us.   And so I decided to take this shovel down off of the garage wall and write about it.  Jonnie Wells, chair of the landscape team at WCC had one like it and I always commented on it.  I told her that I was going to steal her little shovel.




Well, on my birthday in 2009, she presented me with my own matching shovel.  I loved it then, and I love it still.

We worked hard together for many years, with many members of the landscape team to create a beautiful church property.  We planted flowers, and shrubs and trees.  We used those shovels.   We planted lots of trees.  I have always believed that creation bears witness to the grandeur and glory of God.








Every time I see this shovel, I have fond memories of such great times.  Thank you to all of you who worked to make them a reality.  And I thank God that all of us can continue to work each day to make the world a beautiful place.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: