Saturday, March 25, 2023

daily list

I usually have a list for the day.  Lists help me to remember the things that I am supposed to do on a particular day.  Undone items simply slide to the next day.  Here is my list from the other day...



Wednesday
  • Go to the bank...
  • Pick up logs from Robert's house, take to the dump.
  • Lunch with Greg R [fantastic human]
  • Hang with my buddy Jeff Greenblott
  • Lowes... pick up shelf supports for attic project. Pick up Garage Door trim for handyman customer.
  • Get Cathy's car washed.
  • Dinner
  • Netflix.

Ahh, a nice list.  A nice plan for a nice day.  As I was rolling out of bed that day and looked at the list, I was struck with a sense of gratitude.  Just a sense of thankfulness for the fact that I can do these things.  

  • I can wake up.
  • I can see.
  • I can walk.
  • I can manage things.
  • I can work.
  • I can communicate.

Oh my friends, the things that we take for granted.   And I was reminded of this scripture passage from James 4:

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see and appreciate the good.



No comments: