Tuesday, March 28, 2023

The Dump

Just down the street from our house is a recycle center.  I like to call it the dump.  I go there almost every day to drop off something, or to pick something up.

I bring the workers cold water and chocolate.

I deliver the remnants of my work.  Branches, boxes and general trash.

I haul off old propane tanks, and anything else of value.  I have become a modern day Fred Sanford.

Here are some things that I have brought home recently:

brand new exercise bike

Schwinn gravel bike, currently serving as "my" bike.

Vintage Ross 3- speed.  Excellent condition.
Not sure what to do with this...

In addition to these items, I have picked up 6-7 other bicycles that I have fixed up and sold.  My son in law David likes to say, "everyone needs a job, and a side gig."  Well, at least I have a side gig.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Keep your eyes open.  There are things of value all around us if we just pay attention.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: