Sunday, March 12, 2023

We walk right past it

There is beauty all around us and we walk right past it.  Oh, maybe we noticed for a while, but then slowly it all becomes common.

What was once amazing, becomes common.

It happens with the mountains, it happens with the beach.  It happens with the palm trees.  It happens with people.

It shouldn't.

Around us are amazing things and people who are a gift to us.

So I was walking around the corner of the house and head high, face high, a white bird of paradise was in bloom.  And I saw it.  There it was, right in my face!!!


I stopped.   And I thought about how beautiful it was and about how I far too often, walk past and do not notice.


Bird of paradise plants on the side of the corner of the house.
Croatans too.  And variegated ginger.

What a shame to live our lives and not pay attention.  May we all pay more mind to the amazing things and the wonderful people around us.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good and the beautiful.

No comments: