Monday, August 28, 2023

Beth

So I am working in California for a couple of weeks.  The building that we are working on is next to a restaurant called "Blaze Pizza."   I am sitting in the truck working on reports.

Rap, rap on my window.  I look up.  Here at my door is an unassuming, normal looking 60 year old woman.  I roll my window down.


Sir, do you have any extra money she says.
I ask, what are you trying to accomplish?
She said, I just want something to eat.
I said to her, how about we go into this Blaze joint and I buy you a pizza.

She lit up like it was Christmas.

We went in and I spent $13 on a pizza for her.  Obviously a street person, I noticed that her shoes were very worn.  I wondered where her children lived.  I felt bad that she was alone.  Being alone is not much fun.

It made me very happy to help her.  It made me happy that $13 was not a problem.  I believe that we should help everyone that we can.  I believe that it is better to help once too often, than to turn a blind eye and miss the chance to help a needy person.

But for the grace of God go I, go we.

One of my favorite scriptures... 1 John 3:17

But whoso hath this world's good, and sees his brother have need, and closes up his heart of compassion from him, how dwells the love of God in him?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: