Saturday, August 12, 2023

Tucker

Some years ago, a member of our church [Peg] gave me a card with a $50 bill in it for Christmas.  She explained to me that this was not for me to buy something for myself.  This $50 bill was a "tucker."  She said that you tuck it into your wallet for emergencies.

That was a very nice gift.  Over they years, I used that idea and over the years I forgot it, reverting to what came easy and natural to me.  But I never forgot it.

When you think about it, having a tucker for an emergency is not a bad idea.

Now it is 2023 and I am in the Walmart parking lot.  A woman approaches me and is asking for money.  For a donation.  Her car is broken down.  I am cashless and I cannot help her.

And on the way home, I thought of the tucker.  I think that from now on, I am going to take a $5 bill and pray over it:  "Lord, when someone asks for help, this $5 will be for them.  I will tuck it away until they ask."  And so then in the future when someone asks for help, I can assume that they are sent by God.  I will open my wallet and give them the tucked away $5 bill.

I will tuck it away so that I am prepared to be good to someone in need.  Not a bad idea.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure
If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: