Thursday, August 3, 2023

Compliments

I love compliments...  Gosh, I love them so much, I should give more of them to others.  They probably like them as much as I do...

So here are a few compliments:
  • You look good!
  • I am so glad to see you!
  • I feel happy when you appear in the room!

When I left Woods Chapel and moved to Florida, I received two compliments from Bill C. that I will never forget.  The first was... "Thanks for putting your family before your career."  The second one was basically, "Thanks for not staying so long that you became old and irrelevant."  I loved both of those comments.  Still do.

Last Sunday, a friend from church gave me a compliment about this blog.  She said, thank you for speaking straightforwardly, thanks for reminding me to "get a grip."  I loved that.

Hey, it's not that hard.  Get a grip!!!

What ever is going on in your life, get a grip.  And while you are at it, give a few more compliments!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure
If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: