Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Roger

I met Roger when I was assigned to the Princeton and Mercer United Methodist Churches.  We became fast friends... that was 1991.

Over the years- time, jobs, children and such... we lost contact.  We found each other 2 years ago.  Actually he read about my son's injury and called me.

We have kept up ever since.  I love having Roger back in my life.  Last week, I drove six hours to spend two hours with him.  It was totally worth it.

When we talk, we talk about everything.  One of the things that he said the other night, that I thought was profound was this... and I am paraphrasing... "there is a strength of character that is shown when one has the power to discipline, but instead chooses to pardon."  Sort of a "mercy and forgiveness are much cooler than retribution."  He is a good man.  Full of mercy and bad jokes.

My life is better with Roger in it.  I hope you have friends that you can say that about.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure
If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: