Thursday, August 31, 2023

Tucker, part two

This is a follow up to my blog post on the 12th of August about the five dollar Tucker bill that I stuck in my wallet.  So it’s Wednesday August 23rd about 3 PM.  I just left the hospital where I visited my sister.

I pulled into the grocery store to get some stuff. There is a guy standing there with a sign that says that he is homeless. I don’t know why, but I wasn’t feeling the love.  I drove right past him.   I pulled into the lot and found a nice parking space. 

Then, I realize that I’ve got that five dollars tucked away for the next person that asked.  He just asked, and I passed right on by.  So I drove back out to him and parked.  I got out of the car and introduced myself.  I told him the story about the Tucker bill.  I gave him the five bucks and he was very appreciative. His name is Philip.   

I’m gonna put another five dollars in my wallet. 

I still believe it’s better to help one time too many than one time, not enough.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: