Monday, June 11, 2007

25 years ago today

What happened on this day in 1982?

The movie E.T. opened in theatres.

I just have to believe that every person who reads this blog has seen the movie. If you haven't seen E.T., go rent it.

Having been accidentally left behind by his space ship, the cute little extraterrestrial wants to go home. "Home, hooooome, hoooooome," he says.

Home is a very special place, or it should be. I want to take a moment today to thank God for my home. I don't mean the house that we live in. I mean the home that has been created by my family. If we lived in a motel somewhere, it could still be home as long as we had each other.

A home is a place where you are loved. It is a place where your idiosyncrasies are understood. Neurotics are welcome. All are loved. Blood is thicker than water. At home I am surrounded by people who have good hearts. They also have a collectively bad sense of humor. I wonder where they get that?

We have had our moments, and we do butt heads from time to time, but I am so proud of my children, and so blessed by my wife. It is all good. I will even keep the rotten dog and the two fat cats.

I hope that your home is a place of peace. If it is not, I offer a prayer for you today.

"Dear Lord, please bless each one at they seek to provide a loving home. Please add Your grace to their efforts. May each child feel safe, and each person feel loved. In Jesus name, Amen."

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: