Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I sang gospel!!

I sang gospel!! For 15 minutes last night, I was Al Green, I was Stevie Wonder, I was Aretha Franklin.

This summer, the church is bringing in a young man who leads gospel choirs to teach us this genre of music. Last night was our first practice. It was a blast! It totally rocked! Unbelievable!

I arrived late and had to leave early, but the 15 minutes that I was there were electric. I loved the collection of people who attended last night. J from the 8:00 service who is really new to our church, several others that I did not know. Some of the choir faithful, and a few that join the choir on special days.

The leader was able to help this mixed group of folks to make some very good sounds. Now listen church, we have a lot of great music at WCC. But I tell you this, the day that this new gospel choir hits the floor of the sanctuary, the place is gonna light up!

Maybe you have never sung in a choir before. When you listen to this music, you are going to want to join. Why not come out now and get in on the ground floor. Be a charter member. next practice is Tuesday at 7pm in the choir room.

On a personal side note: "C" I got your email and I look forward to seeing you. You are the best and I love you like a brother. Golf Tournament.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: