Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Annual Golf Tournament

18 holes a year. That is all that I am allowed to play. Someday, I am going to organize a tournament around a game that I am good at, but no one else is. [something besides ping pong.]

I hit the ball badly, worse than normal. Our cart was a dog. It rained.

Ok, now lets get off of me and think about the big picture. [this is the challenge of life isn't it? To stop thinking about everything as it relates to me and see the big picture?]

Tom hit some monster drives. When our team was up against the wall, Steve stepped up and hit the ball well under pressure. Rob was Rob. I made a put once. I think they used one of my drives. The others we could not find. I played with 7 great guys. Phil is a very funny boy. I love Todd. Tim and Peter will be recruited to play on real teams next year.

Lots of people came out to play. The tournament was totally full. Everyone had a great time. Many individuals and businesses made nice donations to help make the day a great success. Lots of money was raised. Families will be helped with the adoption process, more people will be able to attend mission trips. Its all good. Very good.

The camaraderie in the club house and on the course was a real blessing. The joy of friendship is a wonderful thing. To see all of these great people and know that in one way or another, they are connected to WCC. Wonderful.

I am tired today, but I will sleep on the plane.

Next post is from New Orleans.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: