Thursday, June 21, 2007

Uptown Station, New Orleans, Day 3

Another early day. I woke up at 5am. We left for the job site at 7am. We worked like dogs hanging sheetrock all day long.

The homeowner made us a very nice lunch which was a real New Orleans feast: Jambalaya, rice and beans, crawdads and a shrimp poorboy.

We knocked off at 43o. We got a lot of work done on her house. She was very happy.

It is a blessing to do for others what they cannot do for themselves.

Spaghetti for dinner and then we had worship.

I am not going to say a lot about the worship tonight, but it was one of the most moving moments that I have experienced in a long time. I will talk about it on Sunday.

I am blessed. I am blessed.! My heart is full. I love each and every one of you.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Song of Deborah said...

WOW Pastor! It sounds like you are making a difference in the lives of our brothers and sisters in New Orleans and enjoying the fruit of phenomenal worship too! Be sure to post about your worship experience. I'm like to hear more about how the Holy Spirit is moving in the life of your mission team.

Deb Spaulding
Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO
www.songofdeborah.com