Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Gate 72

Gate 72 seats about 200 people. There are only 20 here. I finally have figured out why. The plane that is flying me to New Orleans just pulled in. It has a capacity of 20 people.

This is one of the smallest planes that I have ever been on. The airplane's tires look like wheels from my little red wagon when I was growing up. This plane looks like the kind that I used to pick up and throw and it would glide across the yard. If there is no pilot, I may have to fly it myself. No problem.

I have to tell you, I made a really big mistake this morning. All of the other people flying in for the mission trip took a 1:30 flight. That is what I thought mine was. When I was finishing packing this morning I looked at the itinerary and realized that I had scheduled myself for the 9am flight. It was about 8:15 when I noticed this. There is no way that I can make it on time. I have missed my flight.

I called Express Jet airlines. The person on the other end was very nice and told me that there was going to be a $50 change fee and possibly an upgrade fee of $180. Man, did I feel stu_ _ _. I hate making mistakes, especially expensive ones. I decided to make the best of it. I went into the office and went to work. I caught up on all of my emails that had backlogged since the office move. At 1030, I left for the airport.

The desk clerks and supervisor at Express Jet were very nice. They only charged me the $50 change fee. That is better than a $230 fee!!

And so I am finally here, at rest, in gate 72. I wish that I had not gotten so upset with myself this morning, but that was a dumb mistake. I just had the times wrong and missed my flight. Ridiculous.!

Over the next few days I will have no responsibilities other than to work to rebuild a poor person's home, write a sermon, and relate to those on our missions team. I will have more time and more brain time to pray for you. So, you are in my prayers these next few days.

taking off from KCI in one hour.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Ken said...

I did not know you are a pilot! Good. Thank you for sharing your heart with those who love you!
Ken Woodruff