Saturday, June 23, 2007

Uptown Station, New Orleans, Day 4

Uptown Station, New Orleans, Day 4

Another day like the rest. Awake at 6am. Off to the job at 8am. Hanging sheetrock. Lots of it. Quit at noon to clean up and get ready to go back to KC.

The homeowner is really sad to see us leaving. Our crew worked hard and made lots of progress in her home. Hugs, smiles, and well wishes and we are on our way.

Now I sit in the New Orleans airport, waiting to fly home. My hands are sore and swollen. I am thinking.

To experience a new setting for a few days always helps me to think. To see the world of another person will also make you think. Friends, we have a very comfortable life. Compared to the people here who are trying to get back on their feet, my life is a breeze.

What right do I have to live such a life? Shouldn’t every one who has comfortable surroundings do everything that they can to help those who are less fortunate?

It has been a good trip. Your friends from WCC are awesome.

I am very happy that Tom and Jodi Goddard are enjoying their 30 day stay in New Orleans. Every day they get dressed and go to the Uptown Station to work with volunteer teams. Every day they clip on their name tags. The same ones that you all wear on Sunday mornings.

Tom Goddard
Woods Chapel Church

Jodi Goddard
Woods Chapel Church

I am glad to be on the way home and I am looking forward to being in church with you all on Sunday.

It is a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: