Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Singing is good for the soul

Lately I have been singing. I am just wandering along and I break out into song. My family finds it very annoying. Too bad. Songs come out of happy hearts.

I find that when I am singing, I am less stressed and generally happier. It just feels good to sing.

Yesterday I was singing Lionel Richie's "Hello, is it me you're looking for?" I have no idea why. Sometimes I sing "Thank you for the cross." Sometimes I sing the Moody Blues or Stevie Wonder.

If you are a Christian, God has placed a song in your heart. Why not let it out? It doesn't matter if you sing well, the singing is good for you.

So try it. Pick thru the collection of songs in your memory and sing today. Get one stuck in your head. Drive other people crazy. Let them worry, let them fret. You and me, let's just sing.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: