Thursday, June 14, 2007

Steve and Jennifer B are moving

I remember when you came out for Disciple bible study. We met in the unfinished youth room. 1999? I remember you having children. I remember when you very nervously asked if your father could baptize the girls.

I remember you coming on staff. You were the first choice, far and away, of those involved in the decision.

I remember when you came out to play softball. I remember talking with you about life and ministry. I remember when you prayed in church for the first time. Camino. Friendship. We have laughed together and we have cried together. Now you are moving.

Ouch. Really, really big ouch!

Why God, why?

Oh, yes I know that this is an opportunity that they cannot pass up. I know that nothing is for sure in life. I understand that things change.

These two people have become such dear friends to me. Golf tournament partner, softball player, Steve you are a man who has sought a better life thru Jesus Christ. We are brothers forever. I am happy for you, but sad for me. I love you so much.

Jennifer. Where do I begin. What can I say? You have understood the church and me, as few people ever do. You have given so much time to the ministry and so much leadership to the staff. You are the calibre of person rarely found. When I was out of town you have become my regular replacement behind the sacred desk.

Our souls have been knit together. I am heart sick.
[Isn't it ridiculous that someone has a life changing move, a great opportunity for them, and all I can think about is myself.] [human nature...... I am not yet free from it.]

Well, I will say goodbye, but not for long. You will be back. In a few years, you will move back to town. When you do, please look for a house in my neighborhood. There is one for sale two doors down from us right now. When you come back, don't try a lot of churches. There are two seats at WCC that no one will sit in while you are gone. There will be a small hollow place in every song, every prayer and every greeting time until you return.

I am going to miss you so much. I already do.

It doesn't feel like a beautiful day in Gods world. At least not here. But for some church, some neighborhood in Indianapolis, it is a very beautiful day in God's world. They just won the lottery.

I am going to miss you, but you do not go alone. A big piece of our heart goes with you. Go with His grace. Go in peace. It is always a beautiful day. Be sure to keep seeing the good.

1 comment:

Jerry C. said...

Bigg's family, I too am going to miss you both very much. Jenn, I have really enjoyed working with you. Steve, congratulations on your promotion. Please don't forget us. We will never forget you two.
JC