Friday, June 7, 2013

ha ha

Maybe it wasn't so funny, but I thought it was funny and it didn't seem to bother the bride and groom. 

So last week I am doing a wedding away from the church.  Cramped space where only the bride, groom and minister can fit in the front.  I have my wedding service outline in one hand, I am holding a microphone in the other [no lavaliere] and it is time for the rings.  The best man and maid of honor bring me the rings.

Now I have my notes folder, a microphone and two rings in my hands.  Do you see where this is going?  I am clever though, so I drop the groom's ring into my suit pocket.  We go on.

We get the bride's ring on her finger and I reach into my pocket for the groom's ring.  Uh Oh.  And this suit is less than a year old.  There is a small hole in the corner of the pocket and his ring has fallen through and made its way to the bottom of the inside of my coat.

I have to set down my notes and the microphone and fish around to get the ring back up to the bottom of the pocket and out.  It took a couple of minutes, but it felt like much longer.

None worse for the wear, the bride and groom finally got married.

I need to get my pocket sewed up.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Jeff know how to sew? That's the greater dillemma. (smiles)